1. How do sign up as a chili or stew team?
Please go to this link for registering in the cook off: Register
2. Is it free event?
No, event is ticketed event and Kids 12 & Under are free.
3. Is this event only 21 and up?
No, It’s fun for the entire family but you must be 21 to drink alcohol.
4. How do I get to Brookhaven Park & where do I park?
Brookhaven Park is located just North of Buckhead at 2660 Osborne Rd, Brookhaven, GA 30319. Click for Directions
We encourage festival goers to ride MARTA, take Lyft, Uber or taxis! Parking is extremely limited around the festival site. There is no parking at the park or around the neighborhood streets. Brookhaven Park is a little over a half mile away and is a short 10 minute walk from the Brookhaven MARTA Station down Peachtree. Free parking & shuttle service to the park will be available at the MARTA parking lot in the south end. Take N. Druid Hills Rd to Apple Valley and take a left into the lot. Click for parking map. Free parking with a short walk to park will also be available at Brookhaven City Hall located at 4362 Peachtree Road in the back lot.
5. What am I allowed to bring in to the park?
- Personal soft backpack or bag (subject to search for prohibited items)
- Diabetics and infant food/beverages
- Pets (See #7 below)
6. What am I not allowed to bring into the park?
- Food or Beverages
- Coolers or picnic baskets
7. Can I bring my dog?
Yes, with stipulations, the festival takes place in a park. But we ask that you pick up after your pet and use common sense as to whether bringing your dog would be appropriate, and if your dog would be comfortable. This is a very large festival with thousands of people and is typically a very hot day so bringing pets is actually discouraged because of this along with the risk factor of a pet eating a discarded chili and stew. All dogs must be on a leash at all times.
8. How much is the chili and stew tasting?
Official festival Atlanta Chili Cook Off tasting spoon and wristband are available in advance and t the gate. All festival goers must purchase a tasting spoon to gain admittance into the Atlanta Chili Cook Off. Children 12 & under can get a free tasting spoon with a purchase of a tasting spoon by an adult. Purchase Tickets
9. How do I vote for the people’s choice award?
You will be given 1 ticket or a wristband with 1 tab at the festival entrance. You then can place your vote at the festival for your favorite Chili & Brunswick Stew by placing your ticket or wristband tabs in the voting box located at each booth.
10. Will Alcohol be sold?
Yes. There will be vendors selling alcoholic beverages to people over 21 with valid ID and a wristband.
11. What will festival have for kids?
The festival has a huge kid zone with multiple jumpies and other amusements rides.
12. Will there be ATMs on site?
Yes! ATMs will be provided in the festival area we encourage planning ahead and bringing cash.
13. If I have a question at festival who do I ask?
Please go to information station at the event entrance with all questions. Look for the red info tent.
14. Where are restrooms located at the Atlanta Chili Cook Off?
There will be portable restrooms and hand washing facilities onsite.
15. How can get to the event or home safely?
Please don’t drink and drive!! Lyft & Taxi’s are also encouraged for getting you safely to & from the festival. For first time Lyft users, download the app & enter credit code “ABT2017” to receive a $5 off your first ride! You can also get home safely by having Designated Driver Alternative drive your car home - Visit www.dd-alt.com or call (404) 713-1780.
16. Who can I contact for further questions about event, sponsorship & vendor booths?
17. Do have ADA parking for the event?
Yes we have limited ADA parking onsite please email us at info@Atlantachilicookoff.com so we can accommodate your needs. As you approach event let police officers, security or staff know you parking in ADA parking onsite.
18. How do I volunteer for the festival?
Click here to sign up to volunteer and we will contact you with more details a few weeks before the festival.